Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with PGP Disk preventing hibernation and....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usalabs1

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
US
After installing PGP I created a PGP disk file, but I can't use hibernation in xp, plus, I found that PGP deletes all system restore points, I found this out, when I tried to enter hibernation and windows said the device (ps/2 mouse) is preventing the system from entering hibernation, I thought it was the mouse driver so I updated it, and it was still the same, so I uninstalled PGP and voila, hibernation worked.

I wandered if there was anything else that PGP prevented, so I re-installed PGP then checked everything, I noticed, when I opened the system restore program that all the restore points had been deleted, (not by a scheduled delete either), I tried creating a restore point, then returned back to system restore, I found the restore point that I created was immediately erased, so I uninstalled PGP then created a restore point, and guess what?, yep the restore point stayed.

Is there some way that I can use hibernation with PGP, after I unmount the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back