Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Parameter Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittoalexis

Programmer
Dec 16, 2001
IN
hi,

I am using two parameter fields namely fromdate and todate. When i am using it , it prompt again with a window to enter from date and to date. How can i avoid the prompt window.

Advance Thanks

Brits.

how are you launching Crystal...from VB? Crystal is launching this window for the parameter information because it doesn't have it.

If you are entering it once and the dialog window comes up again then this tells me that you have a subreport that requires this data as well and you are not passing it from the main report to the Subreport properly. So Crystal asks for the values again Jim Broadbent

I have the same problem... but i don't use subreports.
My reports are called from a VB application
This window come each time the report refreshes and asks wether we want to keep the parameter or we want to enter a new one... too bad if the application should run on her own for a moment, without any user near
I think it's that problem Alexis wanted to point out ??
If not, that's a new question indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back