Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

tviman

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
I'm working with a customer who has a 3rd party program that sends email from the 3rd party program through Outlook Express. (Outlook Express never opens - the 3rd party program uses it somehow to pass email through it.)

This functionality suddenly stopped working two days ago. I've done all the usual things to repair OE but to no avail. I should note that OE works fine in a "stand-alone" mode but fails to pass the email when used by thrid party programs.

Has anyone ever run across this issue before or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Were there any MS security updates applied just before things stopped working?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

As a matter of fact, there were several - they hadn't set them up as "automatic" and rolled out several updates. Should I uninstalling them?

They're trying to find the OS disk so I can run an sfc. Should I wait on this?

I'm thinking that it is a security update that has affected the ability of your 3rd party application to send through Outlook Express.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back