Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with only 1 user checking in a document

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterGirl

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have 1 user out of 5 on a team site that is having an issue. They can check out a document, make their changes, try and check it back in, they get this message...

The document was checked out to your local drafts folder but the local copy could not be checked in to the site. Close any application that is editing the document and try to check in again, or discard the checkout...

Here is the thing...I had him log onto their site, still the same problem. So you are saying, it must be permissions. Well, we gave him admin privs. Has anyone seen this problem before or have a suggestion? I'm not the admin, but I'm lead user support. I have other team sites I support and would like to find a solution in case this happens again. Oh and we are using SharePoint 3.0 services and Office 2007.

with him being able to log onto someone else pc, and have the same issues, what about this user is unique???

with him being able to log onto someone else pc, and have the same issues, what about this user is unique???

Maybe the way he's editing / saving the document? Does he perform the same steps?

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back