Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with office 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

loue

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2007
IE
Hi
I have just upgraded my hard drive form 60g to 250g and copied every thing over using a special program and every thing went fine.
Excepted for Microsoft office, I don’t have any Icons for any Microsoft office files as in word, access, excel, but all my files are there. Now when I click on my files they open up fine everything works as it should, But when I open Word or Excel it asks me to insert Microsoft office 2000 disk and the it says preparing to install and after a long time Word or Excel opens.
Something is wrong with Microsoft office so I try to repair office, I insert the disk and click on setup this is the response I get
“This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exist and you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package”
So what do I now?

You maybe missing a patch that was sent out. Try going to Microsoft and run all of the updates. Also, check to see if they have upgraded the repair disk.

Hi,
Yeah I have all the updates installed. The repair disk that I have is the full Microsoft office 2000 cd's which will not load, I was going to renmove office 2000 via windows add/remove in controland reinstall office2000 but afarid to do so as I can not get the office disk to load now

thanks for the reply

Thank you
That link works every thing is fine now
will give you a star
tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back