Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with NUVOX VOXIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tclubb

Vendor
Apr 20, 2005
US
we have a cutomer that has been working on a PRI form years. this past friday we tried to cut over to a Nuvox VOXIP circuit. the circuit would never bring up the clock. the original trunks were built as ISA . i deleted everything a rebuilt them as DID,still would not work.I put everything back as ISA and connected back to original Vendor. everything came back up.
the software is rls 23.25. one of the Nuvox people said that they had trouble with this version. they thought that it needed to be rls.25, not for sure.
has anyone else ran across this.
the pipe would come up and even the D-chn would link.

I suspect the switch type is just wrong. ESS, DMS, etc.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

i did program it as a dms100 . this is what thet told me. we have a conf. call coming up to talk

I not completely sure what a Nuvox VOXIP circuit is but suspect it is IP routed to your premmis and there a router hands off as a T1 to your switch.

If I am right, you will never get clock up since the IP portion will not provide clock. If you have another T1 source, you can clock off of that but then you need to have the router set to clock off of you. or you will always get slips.

We have had to get dedicated POTS lines for faxes and modems when we switched to NUVOX since they stopped working due to the VOIP issue.

good luck.

We did have them break all the Faxs @ Modem lines out of the PRI ( Had this problem before on Norstars ).
They say that they can pass the CLK.. also will RLS23.11 work with NI2 or will i need to change it NI1.

i just cut over a nuvox voxip circuit and i ran round for
hours with nuvox saying the normal b.s. its just as
GHTROUT said the trunk type is wrong a nuvox end make sure
they have set correctly and they have something on their
end they have to set for meridian or your trunks will not work.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back