Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Netwotker 8.2.0.1 some client override my previous backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam1991001

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2015
IL
Hi everyone,
I use networker 8.2.0.1, it's look like some client override previous backups versions,i now it from 2 resons
1. when i try to restore he give my in the browse times only the date from last backup.
2.Also in c:/program files/emc netwotker/nsr/index/the client name/db6/
i see just folder with last date modified from last backup

anyone can help?or get same problem?

Right now you do not know anything - it could also well be that your old backups just expired.
And because the file index would have been deleted at this point in time, these index subdirectories do not exist any longer.

So the first step would be to check which save sets still exist at all.
Use mminfo to do that:

mminfo -q "client=name,savetime>01/01/2010" -r "client,name,level,savetime,sumflags,volume" -ot [> file]

and verify the result.

Hi,
First tank you answer me.
I run your "mminfo" command with the problematic client without some specific Date,i get result that it's look like it remmber the backups...but when i try to restore from NetWorker user it didnt know about it?
you have some idea how i make this client see all previous backup again?

there is pic of the result
Networker_result_s8v1rd.png

Tanks again.

its look like it see this client with 3 different name maybe its can be the problem?if yes how can i solve it?

- The output to a file makes sense - you can read text much better than from an image.
- I just set the savetime parameter to ensure that the query even will show very old backups.
- The save sets have passed their browse period. You see that because of the 'r' flag under 'sumflags'
This means that they are still 'r'recoverable but not 'b'rowsable any longer. That's why you don't see them in the NW User GUI and it is also the reason why the file index directory is empty.

What to do now?
1. You must get a hold of the SSID. Modify the command as follows: mminfo -q "client=name,savetime>01/01/2010" -r "client,name,level,savetime,[highlight #CC0000]ssid[/highlight],sumflags,volume" -ot [> file]
2. Now you have the choice:
- You can rebuild the file index by running "scanner -i -S ssid# device" . This will repopulate the file index.
- You can restore the whole save set to a temp directory and get what you really want from there.
- You can recover a subset of the whole save set if you know the exact path name.

See the Command Line Reference for details.

Hi Man
I try to rebulid the client with your suggest command but i get this meesege :

c:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\index>scanner -i -S 3267021211 nf-backup.nativeflow.ent
8909:scanner: using 'nf-backup.nativeflow.ent' as the device name
95462:scanner: Cannot open nf-backup.nativeflow.ent for reading: Cannot create '♣'.

YOU KNOW WHY?

AGAIN THANKU FOR ALL

I hope I do - and if you look carefully you should recognize the issue yourself.

I think that in your mminfo report I can recognize something like '*L5' for the volume name.
In this case, "nf-backup.nativeflow.ent" is definitively not the device name.
As the OS is Windows it should read something like "\\.\Tape#"

You must run scanner on the host where the tape drive is connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back