Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with navigate buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd06498

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
AU
I have created my database in Access 2000.

In my database I have a form in which I have made my own navigate buttons. These work fine. When I load the form it goes to a new record, however I can navigate back from there to view old records.

However, I want to convert the database to an MDE file, and in order to do that I have to convert the DB to version 2002. When I do the conversion to 2002, and then open the same form, it opens to a new record as it should, but the navigate buttons won't allow me to go from the new record back to see old records.

Also, when I open the form, then close it again without adding a record, the database creates a new record which is blank, hence I end up with a lot of blank records that have ID codes attached.

Can anyone help with these problems, because they are driving me nuts.

I think you'll need to post the code behind the form's On Load Event. Perhaps you've set the form to Data Entry - this won't let you go back to view records. And perhaps you're saving the record somehow after you go to a new record. These are just guesses, hard to know for sure without more info or looking at your code.
Cheers.

Edski

I managed to fix the problem. A case of to much code in the wrong place. Thanks for your advice as it led me to identifying the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back