Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with my controller SCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuego

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2001
IT
I just installed a Adaptec SCSI 19160 and i only have a Fujitsu MAJ3091MP under the SCSI chain, the problem is that during installation of windows2000 or any Operating System, it doesn't seem to see my HD, i belive this happens because the HD can't terminate the SCSI Chain...
how can i provide termination for my MAJ3091?!
Please help....
Thank you, Diego....

It may not be a termination problem. I had the same symptons when I installed a Compaq Smart Array Controller and then tried to load NT 4. To find a hard drive I had to load the drivers by hitting F6 when the Windows Setup Screen is first displayed (prior to seeing any dialog in the lower left corner of the screen). When prompted to specify additional devices press the "s" key to load your drivers. Then proceed normally with the setup. This is a different "specify additional device" than you are used to seeing during the setup. You will see the normal "specify additional device" later in the setup. Hope it works for you. Vandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back