Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with MQueue Growing the whole time

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDSupport

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2008
ZA
Hi,

From the time that I start my server, to the point where it freezed mail delivery about 2 or 3 days later... the whole time every 30 second or so, the Sendmail log had thousands of entries in it with the following:

grew WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue-client to 48000

The 48000 goes up with every entry... My boxes Load averages are also constantly on 2.2, 2.4, etc...

Please assist.

Chris

Either something is both queueing lots of mail for something that is not able to receive. What does mailq way (redirect output to a file so you can look at it without reissuing the command because it is going to be long.)

Now sendmail is taking all it's time trying to process a huge directory. You might need to offline that mailq, restart sendmail to get going again, and post process that old mailq. (fixing the original problem, if possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back