Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with mail relay in Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomik

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2001
NL
Dear all,

I am hoping someone can help me with this one.
We have a company company1.com, which is connected tot the internet via an dsl-router to the internet. We have a couple of domains hosted bij the ISP which also connects us to the internet. All mailtraffic is handled by our Exchange2000 server.
The company has now taken over a second company, which is connected bij a different ISP. We asked tha second ISP to forward all the mail from the second company to our mail server.
Now the problem. At first our Exchange server was configured to allow all computers which successfully authenticated to relay mail. But configured this way, the mail from the second company is rejected with an "unable to relay" error. When I clear the checkbox "alow all computers..." and use the option "All except below" with an empty list, evrything works fine. But now our server is acting as an open relay and I don't want that.
Th third option I tried is to Denie all except the list below and than enter the ip-range of the second ISP.
In my opinion this must be the right solution, but again, no mail, sent to the newly aquired domain, comes through.
I am pretty new to Exchange so could I be missing something here?

Hope someone can help.

With kind regards,

Remco van Zeist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back