Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with login to AR System server 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

remedyuser

Technical User
Oct 2, 2006
IT
I installed:
- Oracle 9i without UNICODE support
- Action Request System server 6.0 without UNICODE support
- Remedy Administrator
- Remedy User
The above components are all on my notebook.

I enabled portmapping service during Remedy installation.
When I attempt to log in with Remedy Administrator to RSERVER server, it appears the following message:

ARERR[90]: Cannot establish a network collection to the AR System server: RSERVER: RPC: Program not registered
user: Demo
server: RSERVER

How can I solve this problem and connect me to server?

Thanks anyone for help in advance

One thing to check would be to make sure your laptop knows how to resolve RSERVER via tcp/ip. Open a command prompt and type PING RSERVER. If it responds, you have some other problem. If it says it can't find host RSERVER, try using your laptop's IP address, or localhost instead of the word RSERVER.

My laptop has got a broken ethernet card. In Internet connection I use my PCMCIA card, it assign a IP address to my laptop: 192...

In your login window, put that IP address in your Preference Server field.

1) I set up IP address (instead RSERVER) in my Preference Server field, but I don't connect to server!!!
2) I connect to net with PCMCIA card, my IP address is 192.168.1.26.
3) ping RSERVER (name of Windows and Remedy server) answers with my IP address.

Thanks anyone for helping,
Saverio

Could your local firewall (if you have one active) stop this, I've only connected to a remote server and have had issues with portmapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back