Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with log file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you made sure that the ASPNET user account has the correct priviliges to read/write to that folder?

If not right click the folder and select the "security" tabe and check if the ASPNET account is there. If not add it and set the required priviliges.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help finding an answer?

Try the search facilty ( or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

I tried rightclicking the folder and changed the properties and it worked but would it be possible to do it by code?

No - the reason that you received the error is because you didnt have access to the folder. When you gave the ASPNET account access to the folder it worked.

It wouldn't be very secure if an account could just grant itself access to a folder!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help finding an answer?

Try the search facilty ( or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

OK now I tried using the udpappender of log4net
<appender name="UdpAppender" type="log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">
<localPort value="8079" />
<remoteAddress value="my machine ip" />
<remotePort value="8080" />
<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout, log4net">
<conversionPattern value="%-5p %c [%x] - %m%n" />
</layout>
</appender>
and cannot understand if it works, I'm trying to monitor the network but it is not very clear if some packets are sent.
I also tried to use the code of a udp listener but it doesn't report any packets traveling.
That's strange, is there something wrong with the udpappender?

I eventually found out that the udpappender works and sends correctly the packets. the problem is now the udp listener, i found the code in vb on the msdn page but it doesnt' work. it says it is listening but hears nothing!
Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back