Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Javascript on IE 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayddd

MIS
Nov 24, 2002
My computer, running XP, is just recovering from a virus. The virus has been taken care of but now my browser will not display any website that uses Javascript.

One of the websites I was trying to access said to go to Tools-Internet Options-
Security- Custom Level- and to make sure the Active Scripts subfolders were checked for Enable. I did this to no avail.

Next I downlosded IE 6.0 and reinstalled- still no help.

When I go to Help on the toolbar and scroll down to About Internet Explorer it displays the usual window but the Version,Cipher strength, and the Product ID are blank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Seems like the virus messed up the IE regisrty files, even uninstalling and reinstalling willnot work because the uninstaller doesn't remove certain registry files that other apps might be using...
Try posting this question in the windowsXP forum: forum779 I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back