Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Intel V.92 (Ambient Chipset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmekanontchai

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2003
US
Hi

I got a problem about Modem which I've never seen before. I installed modem to XP pc. Run diagnostic and PC can query modem. I also tried using Hyper Terminal with AT command. The modem seems to work properly.

But when I start to dial, the dial tone presents, modem dials as it should be. While waiting for destination modem to pick up, I got an error msg. instead. It said "The remote computer did not respond....." I tried this for many times then I realized something weird. The noise from modem card speaker keep giving the dial tone even after the modem finish dialing.

So I tried again. This time I waited until the modem sent DTMF. Then I lifted up the phone set (connect to "phone" socket of modem card) I still hear Dial tone as if the line is not being used.

Is it Driver, OS or Modem (hardware) problem? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back