Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with intel Driver Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagka

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2010
US
Hello guys. I have a doubt here. I'm the submanager in an institute, and I have some trouble with the kids in here. The video drivers in the workstations install an application that have some "things" like rotate the screen, access to the graphics options (of the application and the screen resolution and so on). The thing is, the kids rotate the screen, change the colors of the screen, and many others things. I disabled the tray icon from the desktop, but they still can access to it right clicking on the desktop. I tried to uninstall this application but I can't do it without uninstall the drivers (or maybe I don't know how to do it, does anyone know how to?). The thing is, I tried to disable that application to appear when I right click on the desktop but I couldn't find that option. Do I need to make some kind of script? and if I need to do it, could you tell me the needed commands? Ohh by the way, the workstations has winxp sp3, and I have win server 2k3.

Why not use a GPO or restrict the user's permissions.

Personally, I'd use a GPO with "Don't save setting at exit" enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back