Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with install of PageMaker 7 and PhotoShop 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyd5

Technical User
Jul 16, 2005
US
My hard drive crashed and I had to format and reinstall everything. Problem is that now I can't install either PM7 or PS6. Insert CD, system reads and executes autorun. Click on PM7 installation, and the InstallShield Wizard starts up. The progress bar gets to 100% and stops. Nothing happens after that. If I wait long enough, 1-2 minutes, the progress bar window goes away leaving the autorun menu. PS6 install is working exactly the same way.

Any ideas what is causing this bizarre behavior? Both programs installed fine on this XP Pro SP2 system before the crash, and I haven't had a problem with anything else installing post-crash. I installed PM6 without any problems, but PM 7 won't install.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Loyd5

Never mind. I finally left the CD in long enough while I was doing other things (5-10 minutes) and the installation screen came up. PM7 installed just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back