Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with images

Status
Not open for further replies.

polynominalc

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
GB
Hi

I download images from the web and when I right click on them, and choose open windows decides to open it with Fieworks MX 2004, when I right click and chosse edit, it opens the image up ith a viewer.

I would like it the other way around - Edit with Fireworks, Open with Viewer

How can I change this

Thanks

Mark

In Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types, find the appropriate image type, reset the Open with command, apply, then Advanced, and make an entry for Edit.

- OR -

When you right-click the file, you should see an option called "Open With". Navigate there and select "Choose Program". Look for the image viewer in the list or browse to find the main EXE of the viewer. Once selected, make sure you have checked the option to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

Then from now on, every time you double-click it, it should open in the viewer. If you want to change other options like edit, then follow bcastner's suggestion.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back