Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with HP 4050N Printer Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbaddar

Programmer
May 10, 2001
US
Hi,

I have an HP Laserjet 4050N printer. Someone in our office here had temporarily changed the printer settings on her pc so that the printer would print on A4 paper (under the advanced printer properties settings). The settings on her pc have been changed back to Letter paper but the printer itself keeps prompting her, "A4 or Letter." The only way for her to get out of this is by hitting the Go button on the printer and then it prints on the letter paper.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or what can be done about it (so that it prints to letter paper again without prompting us)? I tried turning the printer and computer off and on.

Thanks,

MBaddar

If the changes were only made on the PC and you´re not absolutely sure where (driver or application) try delete and reinstall the driver. Verify the reinstalled driver has same settings and version # as the driver on the other clients.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm actually sure that the changes were made on the application and not the driver.

Are there any other possibilities?

Thanks,
Mbaddar

If it`s only 1 client that has this, why not just compare the application settings with another client where the jobs print fine ? Check both in the application under page setup and printer properties as well as in the printer driver itself. Many applications has their own printer settings that interact with the installed driver. Sometimes these settings tend to overrule the actual printerdriver causing stuff like yours to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back