Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with hidden toolbars

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPA77

Technical User
Aug 3, 2010
US
Hello,

I have been having a small (but very annoying) problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. Whenever I open a pdf, the toolbars at the top are hidden. I can unhide them by pressing F8 (or ctr-f), but having to do this each and every time I open a new document gets very frustrating. This started a few months ago, and I assumed I had inadvertently changed a setting, but I have been unable to find out how to switch it back. I have even tried reinstalling the program without success.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Have you tried opening Acrobat Pro from the menu or a shortcut, setting the toolbars the way you want them, and then opening a file, saving it, and then closing Acrobat ? Do the toolbars stay in place then ??

Fred Wagner

That does not appear to help. When I open Acrobat from the menu, the toolbars are actually visible. However, when I then load a pdf, they disappear. I tried making the toolbars visible, saving the document, and then closing, but the toolbars still do not stay in place.

Are you a non-Power User, non-Administrator on the machine ? if so, Acrobat Pro may be unable to save the configuration in the registry, or in its INI file. You might use this to argue to get your rights upgraded.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back