Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with header--Immediate

Status
Not open for further replies.

caster

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
IN
Hi,
I'm using actuate 5. In my report I have 3 levels of grouoing. I've some labels in the PageHeader section of innner most group and details in the content section of inner most group. I don't want PageBreak for every new occurance of the innermost group.I ve observed that some times it skips this header. I've set the PageHeader Property of this group as AsPerColumnHeader.
This thing happens especially if the group is appearing at the end of the page.

Hi Caster:
My suggestion is that you can have a look at the sample report, detail.rod, which will be in your <Actuate Install Dir>\erdpro\examples\detail.

Really i couldn't figure out your problem. But if you have a look at the report, then you can solve the problem.

Thanks

Arun

It won't help me!
What I have is a header in the third group section.
I restate my requirments:
I have 3 casceded groups. I have a page header for the third group.
What happens is if the any of the occurance of the third group is occuring at the end of the page so that the header can not be fit into it then actuate abends the formation of the header. But the detail/content part still get displayed. So what we get is a before section and a content section without a header section. I think actuate is doing it internally.

Hi Caster:

Try placing all the controls which you place in the page header in the before section too. Now for the Inner group properties, make the SHowHeaderOnFirst as NoHeaderatFirst.

So the heading will be shown with the before section. If the content spans for multiple pages, your page header will be shown.

I hope this solves your problem.

If you check the detail.rod, the same will be implemented.

Thanks

Arun

Yes
That helps.Even I had thought of that only.
But it creates another problem.
Assume that while running the report an instance of the third group is generated and is placed at the bottom of the page. So at the bottom of that page there will be the before component which already includes the header labels. But there will be no contents as there is no sufficient place left on the page. Now when the content are placed on the next it places a pgae header component. Thus the Header labels appear twice in this case. Once in befor component and once in Header component.

Thanks for you attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back