Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with ForwardTag in Logic Tag Library!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmall

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
I have a Struts application and am running into a problem using the <logic:forward> tag in the application.

I use "welcome" jsp files that do nothing but immediately forward to a Struts action (a very common practice). This has been great, until now.

One of the recent actions I wrote has as its sole purpose the responsibility of reading a file of a particular type from another server and returning it to the requestor.

I successfully read the file in my action and write it to the response object for delivery to the requestor. That part works fine. The problem is that the <logic:forward> tag seems to have set up a state (lost session?) that prevents me returning the file with the specified mime-type and name. The file is downloaded using the name of the requesting URI and the mime-type blank instead of the mime-type and name I've set. If I use the <html:link forward> tag, however it works great. But it requires user intervention (not good!).

Here's some code displaying what I'm attempting to do:

<!-- download.jsp -->

<link:forward name="download">

A request of " attempts to download a file by the name of the above URI with unknown filetype.

** Whereas...

<!-- download.jsp -->

<html:link forward="download">Download</html:link>

** Works great!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Jeff Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back