Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with fonts displayed on webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christiana

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
CY
I'm using Access 2000 to store my data and asp to display its contents to the web. My data are written in greek. When I display it on the web though they are replaced with questionmarks (?) and some latin characters. I don't have problem with the words I wrote directly on the page.
Does anyone know what has to be done?
Please, any suggestions are acceptable as i'm looking at a deadline VERY soon.
Thank you in advance
Christiana

You might want to find a forum which deals more specifically with programming for the web. Fonts are one of the worst problems on the web. I'm not sure, but I "think" that you have to find a generic font name in Greek that is properly recognized by the greatest number of browsers.

For instance (not in Greek) "Times Roman Square" is a font that is recognized by most browsers. If a programmer uses this font instead of a fancy one found on his computer, more browsers will recognize his text.

If you find a font that is recognized by MS Internet Explorer AND Netscape => version 4.0, then you will have done the best that many expect.

Maybe there is a way to upload the font with ASP.
I know this won't be of much direct help but could it point you in the right direction? Good luck with your deadline.
:-I Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Why did I type "Times Roman Square"? Should have been Times New Roman!
#-) Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back