Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with flash card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbuilder

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I have a floppy drive that has two built in flash card readers. The flash readers on the drive keep dropping off the operating system altogether. I can remove the USB attachment and plug back in and sometimes that fixes the problem. Other times I have to replace the whole drive for it to show back up. I have the usb plugged into a usb socket with another usb on the motherboard. In other words the usb on the front of the case that comes with the case has to rows of usb to plug into the board and I only plugged one of those in and plugged the reader's usb along side that one on the board. Will this cause that problem?
Because I am having a lot of weird issues with this build thast is brand new.

I just had a reader quit when I plugged in my new printer. The reader was plugged into a special port on the mobo just for this, the printer plugged into the back of the computer into the normal USB port. To get everything to work, I had to move the card reader from the "special" port and plug it in place of one of the front USB ports. I guess USB ports have conflicts like everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back