Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with FDID in IDC table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

np6179

Vendor
Nov 7, 2008
US
I recently programmed a new IDC table in a CS1000E on rel 5.5. When I was programming it, I accidentally answered yes to FDID and programmed it the rest of the way. When I realized what I had done, I tried taking it out and got this message:

REQ out
TYPE idc
CUST 0
DCNO 2
SCH1279
DCNO !
>err sch1279
>

SCH1279
All branches must be released prior to OUT A FDID IDC tree.
Release the branches.
Severity: Info

Does anyone know what the correct procedure is to take this IDC table back out now? I've looked in the books til I'm blue in the face and cant find anything that tells me what I should do in this instance. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

You can't out an IDC table that is referenced in the RDB. And I'm not sure, but I think you have to delete all the entries in the IDC table as well.

I printed the RDB and dont see a reference to that table anywhere. I also tried making a change to the existing IDC table. The first prompt that comes up is FDID but it prompts right past that automatically. The next prompt is IDGT. I tried entering X but it wouldnt let me. I looked in the book and that's not an option. I noticed that there is a prompt RLS that releases the trees but it appears to only be for FCR data and makes a note that if you do it it will delete all of the FCR data, which isnt something I am going to try. I'm still stumped on this one.

Nicholas Platt

can you say "no" at the FDID prompt when you go and chg it?

No, it automatically prompts right past the FDID prompt.

Nicholas Platt

Paste ur IDC table. To out an entry in IDC you have to first put the correct IDGT in the X for the CDGT, that will remove the IDGT entry.

That's what it was. I didnt realize, nor does it say in the book, that you must first enter the IDGT entry you want to take out followed by space and X. Once I took all of the entries out, I was able to go in and out the IDC. Thanks so much for your help!!

Nicholas Platt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back