Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Exchange 5.5 "service temporary unavailable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron2k3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
PT
hi.

i have a Exchange 5.5 server and it is not receiving any email from the relay server.

first time i look i noticed that Internet mail services were down... i started the service manually and it become up.. but whenever i try to telnet to port 25 it says that that service is temporary unavailable or something like that...

what is the possible cause of this?

any help i will be gratefull,
thanks in advance,

/Tron

You will get this message if there is a lot of traffic into your Exchange server. One of the properties of the IMC is the number of concurrent connections allowed. I believe the default is 4. If there are 4 connections open to your IMC and you attempt to telnet in, you will get that message. If you have messages flowing in, I wouldn't worry about it.

Another thing that might cause this is if you have relaying disabled, but I'm not sure if that would result in the message you are getting.

well, that might be the cause... because i believe that the Exchange server have a virus.. might be the SOBIG ... if so.. it might open too many connections to the email server and that messages appears..

well, tomorrow im going to run an antivirus to see if that's the cause.

what i notice is that when i start the server the Information Store gives error code 100.

and so.. some other services doesn't run.. i can start them all manualy but that message allways appears. sometimes i telnet when i start all the services again and i telnet on port 25 and it goes fine, but when i telnet again that message appears.

by the way, where i can access IMC configuration?

thanks alot man,

/Tron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back