Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with error 534 (Error detected by database DLL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goranm

Programmer
Dec 18, 2001
SE
We sometimes get this error: "Error:534 Error detected by database DLL. Execute <PEStartPrintJob>"

We are using Crystal Reports 8.5 and database Oracle 10.
The report is used in an environment developed in Delphi.

When we call the report (a delivery note) from the application using our developer work stations we have no problems with the report, but when running it from our customers computers we sometimes (50%) get this error.

At first I suspected that it maybe was some function that was used in the report, and that the proper dll was missing.

However, I have now suppressed almost all sections in the report, just left one section with a text object, and we still got the error.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem can be?

Can it have something to do with the dll:s needed for the SQL-query to be processed, and if so, what is the name of that/those dll:s?
Or what can it be?

Thanks in advance

/Goran

Are you running this as a stand alone crystal report or is it getting called by an application?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Hi!

It is called from an application developed in Delphi.

Does it run stand alone? If so the issue is in how the application calls it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Yes, it runs stand alone from our developer work stations, but as I said before, sometimes the report also run correct from the costumers computer when it is called from the application.

Hi!

I just want to say that we finally found the reason of the behavior, and the error code we received ("Error:534 Error detected by database DLL. Execute <PEStartPrintJob>") was not much help.

It was different NLS_LANGUAGE code settings in the Oracle database and on the Oracle clients that caused the problem.

Since we adjusted the clients, we havn't had the problem more.

/Goran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back