Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with EPS picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aparadektos

Vendor
Feb 16, 2011
Good afternoon, I have a big problem with one EPS picture. When I try to insert it in a Quark, its impossible, its send me a message: POSTSCRIPT PICTURE with a grey background and thats all! Without picture!
When I tried to convert this picture to a TIFF format, its opening, but the resolution of picture is horrible! Of course I convert the picture to a 300 DPI format, but the problem remaining!
Whats going on?
It fails because the programme can't support all the types of Illustrator files? Or else?

Thanks a lot!

It would help to know what version of QuarkXPress you have and what version of EPS file is being placed. You can certainly have issues if the EPS was saved with features beyond what an older version of QuarkXPress supports.

Note that there is a difference between what you view on the screen and printed output. Does the EPS file appear okay when you create a PDF file?

...QuarkXPress is a dying program and it is growing more difficult to find peer support online. This forum is rarely visited. You might get more assistance by posting at the forums on quark.com. There are a few more users there.

Of course I convert the picture to a 300 DPI format

What is the point of doing this to an Illustrator vector drawing? There are very few reasons to make such a vector to bitmap conversion.

The version is 7, and it looks the same even if I create a PDF file

...try resaving the eps from illustrator and ensure you are saving with at least the tiff preview option or distill the eps to a PDF with correct distiller settings and then import the PDF...

andrew

============
============

...you could of course also save the eps from illustrator as PDF as well instead of distiller...

...usually when importing an eps into quark and no preview shows means the eps wasn't saved with a preview...

...as you are also seeing no image on export or print then the file is clearly a problem file so I would try resaving to eps or try PDF format instead...

...ensure PDF is version 1.3 (acrobat 4) for best results in quark...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back