Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with entering pass code for conference calls with nortel display phones (m3903, m3904)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnme

MIS
Dec 1, 2006
US
my users have problem when they try to join conference calls using their Nortel phones. they enter the pass code using their Nortel phones to participate but it gives them error. they use their cell phone without any problem. dose anyone have any solution or encounter this problem. please advise. regards.

Hello,
I had a similar issue the root cause was that you do it on handsfree, so your DTMF tones are echoed back, try going on mute when entering your passcode

Thank you both for the information. I haven't done neither of them yet. I'll try and let you know.

I have noticed that if pass code for conferencing has number 8 it does not work. for some reason number 8 does not generate the tone. any help will be appreciated.

check the deplist. there is a patch for 7.X when trying to connect to Polycom conferencing, DTMF work intermittenly. Avaya wrote a patch to fix this particular issue.

John Anaya
Signet6 Network Sciences
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back