Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with End-User Runtime Library Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo3

Technical User
May 26, 2011
US

Hello,

I have created a Windows application that incorporates DirectX in its graphics environment. Consequently, it is required that any users download the end-user runtime libraries before using my application. I have had three different people go out to the Microsoft DirectX website and attempt to update their DirectX libraries via the web setup as well as the .exe file that you download to your personal HD before running the DXSetup.exe file. For some reason the install always stops midway and an error message pops up that said there was a problem with the install and that the user should consult the error log. Unfortunately, without the user being able to properly update their DirectX libraries my application is useless. Has anyone else ran into this problem with Microsoft's redistributable install?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back