Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with element misalignment in CE 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantzba

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
I have been developing reports preparing for our company's rollout of Crystal Enterprise 8.5., when we came upon a problem. When viewing a report in ActiveX, on a number of our reports there is a problem where numeric elements and string elements are vertically misaligned. The numeric elements are always aligned higher than the string elements. It is very noticeable when viewed in the browser, and slightly improved when printed from the ActiveX viewer. The alignment appears normal when viewed in the DHTML and Java viewers, however when printed from these viewers, the misalignment issue reappears on the printed copy. Scheduling a report directly to the printer produces no alignment issues. I was just wondering if anyone else is having these problems, and if anyone knows if there is an effort being made to resolve this problem. The only thing I can think of is to make all the elements a string, but there are a lot of reports that would need to be altered.
And yes, I have installed the most recent ActiveX Monthly Hot Fix, and noticed no improvement.

I haven't experienced this, though I'm not certain what you mean by vertical misalignment.

Does this mean that this:

Hello

looks like:

Hello

or???

One factor may be the printer that you're using to design vs. the users printer. Crystal is printer based, so there will be some variance in display/printing between different printers.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back