Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimVong

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
US
I'm getting this error all week, please help.

this pop up once in a while

Outlook cannot display this view. Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft exchange server computer.

I can't seem to figure this one out.
Any help is appreciate.

KV

Some things to look into...

When the message appears, are you still able to ping the server by name?

Is there unusually high traffic on the server?

Have any of the Exchange Services stopped?

this is the only user that is having this problem, I check this user mailbox resource and the limits is good, way under what I set the limit for. when this user get this pop up, after she click ok, she can't see anything on outlook, all gray on the right side. I had to end task on Outlook and then open Outlook again, then this user was okay to check mail, and it's been happening.
I wonder why?

I'd be inclined to look at networking problems - network card, cable, hub/switch, etc. As joelrob asked about pinging the server, when this problem happens, are there any other network applications that fail as well? If it's only this one user, then it's got to be something on the machine itself, especially if it's intermittent like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back