Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Dynamic Drive Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdohn

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
DE
I have a Networker 7.4 Server with 2 Storage Nodes.
All Storage Node Workstations sees the Adic Scalar 24 Jukebox, and one LTO2 Drive.
The Networker Server is configured for DDS with the Adic Scalar 24 Jukebox LTO2 Drive, so that every Storagenode would be backuped over SAN, and not over the network.
My problem is, that Backups from Clients over the network Lock the LTO2 Tape drive, so that the following save sessions from the storage node(over SAN) could not eject the tape anymore.
When I manually start the storagenode Sessions there seemes to be no problems. What can this be ?

I'm not entirely sure I'm following you here. All three can see the tape device? The NetWorker server and the two storage nodes?

It's not possible to utilize the device from several nodes at the same time. When the NetWorker server is doing a network backup (or local), it will take control of the device and lock it for the others. Same thing when one of your storage nodes is using the device, it is locked by that node. You need to set up a clever scheduling so all hosts can have their timeslot when they can use the device. Or just buy more tape devices. Please clarify if I misunderstood you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back