Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with dynamic cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenpark

Programmer
Oct 6, 2006
US
Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with a dynamic lookup. I'm betting that it's just a small problem but I just can't see it so I need another pair of eyes. Here's the problem:

The dynamic lookup is on the target table in a mapping that loads a type 2 slowly changing dimension. It detects inserts just fine and loads all rows on the first run. But when I try another run with changed data, the NewLookupRow port comes out as 0 for all changed data rows instead of 2.

I double-checked source and target rows and verified that data has changed in the source. I also re-checked documentation and verified that I'm not ignoring any vital ports that should be compared. All properties are set as they should be (dynamic cache option box checked as well as the "Insert Else Update" option box).

I also tried using RTRIM and RPAD on the incoming ports that have changed data, no change in result. I must be missing something that's under my nose, does anyone have any idea what that could be?

Thanks,
Glen

P.S. Informatica server is Linux/DB2 while source and target databases are SQL Server if that helps.

Did you make sure to connect ALL output ports from the lookup? It seems that version 7 skips info on this issue where version 6 had full documentation..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back