Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with .DXR !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellor1138

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2000
CA
Anyone encounter this problem ?
I've made a cd-rom, everything work fine except when I protect the director file (convert to .DXR file). I encounter Script Error in my .DXR file, but in my .DIR file there's no problem. I'm using Director 8, if anyone know something, please reply to this...

is there only one file? A common problem is doing things like gotomovie X.dir, once you protect it that code will cause errors, you will need to make it gotomovie X.dcr.

If not I'll need more details. Your going to need to isolate the script that is causing the problem, does it happen when you load the movie, when you click a button etc

once you have isolated the script post it and we will start to try and sort it out. If you need help isolating it relpy and we can start going trough the processes you can use to isolate bad scripts.

Thanx...
But I've already fix the problem, like you said it was a problem with multiple .dir files. Do you know, if when you protect your files, if it convert all the .dir (go to movie "blablabla.dir" itno go to movie "blablabla.dxr") The real problem was that I've got all the .dir convert into .dxr, except for one external cast containing the links to the .dir files and that file was saved on the user computer... So I've changed all the links for .dxr and it work fine now

Thanx for the help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back