Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with DVD-drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilse

Technical User
Feb 13, 2011
SE
Hello!

I have two DVD-RAM (Multi Recorder) drivers and both are from from Panasonic.
One of them have the model name: SW-9576-E (driver 1)and the other have the name SW-9574-C (driver 2).

I have two Nice log (Nice Log 1 and Nice Log 2), and now the problem occur.

The DVD-RAM driver with the model name SW-9576-E (driver 1) only works with on Nice 1.
The DVD-RAM driver with the modelname SW-9574-C (driver 2 only works on Nice Log 2.

If I Use DVD-RAM driver 1 in Nice Log 2 the driver won´t work at all, i can´t even boot from it.
Exact the same problem occur if i use driver 2 in Nice Log 1.

Nice Log 1 and 2 have exact the same hardware (i think) but Nice Log 1 have 72 input channels and Nice Log 2 have 48 input channels.

Can someone answear me why? And can i somehow get driver 1 working i Nice Log 2?

Thanks for helping=)

check summary.doc it should list the DVD type and model. once logger boots the backup server module checks the bsrv reg versus what is installed if it differs the Backup server module will fail to load. DVD's were never a good idea from NICE. they are two diffeent models with two different writedvd drivers so hence why they are not interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back