Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with DUOS customization on Receiving Trx Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyGonza

Technical User
Nov 16, 2004
CA
Our company would like the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) to show up on Purchasing > Trx > Receving Trx Entry. I have already something in place to store the MPN and a place to attach it with a particular item in the Purchasing Order Item Entry form. But this is the problem I run into:

(a) Previously, In the PO Item Detail Entry I stored the MPN value (retrieved from the Send To PO / MPN form) in DUOS table using the PO number and the line item number as a unique key.

(b) Now, I've make another DUOS table entry, so in addition to the first one I'm storing the MPN for the second time using the PO number and the Item number as a unique key.

The problem with the DUOS table is that you can only use 2 keys to make up a combine key.

So lets say On a PO we've ordered 2 kind of 30 GB hard drives, I've entered the first one as seagate and second one as maxtor. So in step (b) maxtor would overwrite seagate. But using step (a) it'll always be kept in tact.

I mean it's still possible if I make up my own key using some string methods and then make this key a combo of PO, line item number and store it in the DUOS table.
But there doesn't seems to be any where on the Recv Trx Entry or the Select Purchase Order Detail (the auto-receive screen) that I can retrieve that line item number and get GP to retrieve the proper MPN. In the previous forms that I've modified before, usually there'll be some kind of invisible field in the grid detail window that's related to the line item number. But this time there doesn't seem to be any that I could find that's related to the line item number.

What should I do??? Your advice is highly appreciated.

Speedy Gonza

Maybe you need to create your own table and use ADO to access it. It is more work but gives you more flexibility.

Look up RetrieveGlobals.dll on PartnerSoure/CustomerSource for examples on how to do this.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back