Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with dss 9000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriggs

MIS
Mar 3, 2003
US
I am not able to get the lights to come on. All I did was move it to a temporary location and back with the m2250. The m2250 works great. Did I miss something? The DSS 9000 acts like it has no power. Any suggestions?

have you checked the power with a meter? i do know rev power causes light blue smoke and i did buy a new console as well as a dss.. you can go into diag on the console and test it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The power pairs on that thing are not what you would expect. One side of the transformer hooks up to a tip and ring and so does the return. If you punched it down tip to tip and ring to ring it is a short on the power supply. I destroyed a transformer when I did it. If you are powering it locally you can disregard this post.

I am providing power via the m2250. I thought this was completed by the db25 in the back. Can you provide the field that I should look for to see if the power is correct to the DSS 9000?

I recall a quirk with an OPT 11 and the DSS 9000. I think we had to reset line card. (disable, reseat and enable)Seems like this happened after power outages. Might be worth a try since you moved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back