Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with DRG22i and FAX-machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

newer17

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2013
SE
Hi,

We have a number of analogue fax-machines connected to separate DRG22i's (4 on internal wan (ie 192.168...) and 1 on external wan (ie 130.238...)) where we no longer can send or recieve fax messages (they've worked perfectly before)

We are running a MX-one 4.1 sp4 and there's been no recent changes on the PBX apart from an IPLU-card upgrade (53 cards) to version R8D.

I have a setup in my office which looks like:

Analogue fax --- Mx-One --- IP extension (192.168...) --- DRG22i --- Analogue fax

Product revision R9A
Default Config R1D
Main Software Revision DMA0022-R2L466

I've done a lot of changes aside from default settings - HA Mode, Incoming CLIP, adaptive/fixed jitter buffer etc and nothing works (I've even done changes on the IP extension csp without success). When I send a fax to the DRG/Fax the DRG starts working and the phone line becomes busy. Even the recieving fax establish connection and starts working/warming up but the the connection is dropped and the sending fax posts a line error report. When I send a fax from the DRG/Fax it fails and tries resending a couple of times, the recieving fax posts a line error report where there is NO information about which extension it is that are trying to send the fax message.

If I connect an analogue phone to the DRG it works like a charm, no problems at all calling or recieving calls through the DRG.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

/Nik

Yes, I've checked that thread and even if it doesn't really apply to our circumstances it sort of guided me in the right direction.

Problem is solved, or at least, "semi-solved"

It turned out that the IPLU-upgrade to version R8D caused our problems. We reversed the IPLU-version (R7E) on two LIM's where we have our DRG gatekeeper primary and secondary IP's, immediately fax-messaging was successfull again using an analogue fax on same LIM as the gatekeeper IP's. However, when we tried to send/recieve fax-messages from/to an analogue fax on a LIM where IPLU version still was R8D, it didn't work. Reversing IPLU on that LIM too solved the problem.

We also upgraded FW on a DRG to DMA0022-R2L466 and tried fax-messaging involving IPLU's with version R8D, no success.

We now consider R8D being a wolf in sheep´s clothing and therefore we're going to reverse all IPLU-cards back to R7E, awaiting a better solution from our service partner

/Nik

Correcting myself: DRG FW was upgraded to DMA0022-R2N03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back