Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with documents in Sharepoint 2.0 and 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdahl

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2006
NO
I believe this is an Office and/or IE problem. I see several others have similar problem but no solution for us.

Several of our users can't edit and save existing documents on Sharepoint. If another user log on and try this on the problem computers, the problem is still there. It’s working fine if the user log on to another computer (also tested with roaming profile). Even users with administrator rights on the site have this problem. Save/upload new document is working.

Server: Windows 2003 SP2 with WSS 3.0 SP1 with Norwegian language pack SP 1
Client: Windows XP SP2 or SP3 with Office Standard 2003 or 2007 SP1 / SP2 and IE 7

Problem detail:

In WSS – open Office document- Edit Document / Workbook
Warning: ”A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.”

In WSS – Edit with Microsoft Office ..
Documents open with status Read only. Have to Save as "new name.."

Office app - Save document and Check in
Answer Yes for Check in
Warning: ” There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost(Check in from WSS
Answer Yes on upload doc to site
Warning:"This document was checked out to your local drafts folder but the local copy could not be checked in to the site. Close any application that is editing the document and try to check in again, or discard the checkout”

Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

-holdahl

I have seen something similar, when I put an Excel document with .xlsx in sharepoint. My users did not have Microsoft Office 2007 so they could open and change but then saved as .xls

Solution is change your original to .xls or upgrade to Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back