Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with dll in LAN environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRodes

Instructor
May 28, 2003
US
I originally posted this thread as thread96-1112237 in the Win2000 Server forum.

I have a VB program we're installing via an msi file. Everything runs fine standalone. When we install it on the server, it runs fine if we run it from the server. However, if we run it from a node, most of the program runs fine, but when we hit a certain button we get an Error 429, ActiveX Component can't create object. This area of the program makes use of an ocx file that isn't used in the rest of the program, as well as a few Microsoft DLLs.

I'm assuming that we are running into the area of distributed components, and I'm not strong there. We have determined that all components are properly registered in the local machine (using regedit).

Can someone help me through the process of making this run on a network? I have a basic knowledge of MTS/COM+ installations, but I'm more of a developer.

TIA

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back