Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with distinct count summary on a report using grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

voirin

Technical User
May 15, 2003
AU
Hi again, I seem to have a lot of questions, and this is another!

I would like to obtain a count of the number of patients in my main report. Below I have a report showing 3 distinct patients. How do I place generate this value? My 'patient' column is set to 'suppress if duplicated'. I also set the report to group by 'starttime'. When I try and summarize the 'patient' column to 'distinct count' the number of values in its column, I get a value of 4. This is obviously because it is counting the suppressed patient value in 10:30am timeslot.

+------------+-----------+----------+
|starttime | patient | matter |
|9:55am | 3 | 45 |
|10:30am | 7 | 67 |
| | | 101 |
|11:10am | 12 | 76 |

How can I get my desired statistic summary?

Any help most appreciated!

cheers,
voirin

If you use a running total, it can have a formula for evaluation. This could exclude the patients you are not wanting to list or count.

Right-click on a field and choose Insert to get a choice of Running Total or Summary. Or else use the Field Explorer, the icon that is a grid-like box, to add running totals.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back