Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Displaying Text Vertically

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhein

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
CA
I designed a report using Crystal Reports 9.0 (Professional). On this report I have text that is supposed to be displayed vertically. It does this correctly when viewed in the design tool, but when I publish the report to our Crystal Enterprise server, the text is not displayed vertically. I checked the Crystal Design website and I can't find any info on this. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of Crystal Enterprise 9.0?

What viewer are you using?

Try the Active-X, it's the best at this sort of thing.

One of the Java Viewers seemed to work correctly too.

-k

Well, we were using the DHTML view so we tried switching it up. We went with the ActiveX and the Java viewer, but neither of them worked for us. We do have all our hotfixes in place, so I am still very unclear on what's happening here.

Hmmm, it displays vertically using the Active-X and Java under 8.5.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't work in CE 9, try publishing the report as a new report, perhaps it didn't change for some reason.

-k

I just don't understand it. I did try publishing the report as a new report...I deleted the report off of the server and published it as a new one and the problem is still there. So far all Crystal Decisions has suggested is to make sure that all the hot fixes have been applied. They have and we are still not seeing desired results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back