Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with dbo access, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

indraT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2004
CA

Hi There, I converted access database to sql with adp file for the front end. many of our query was not working so i had to rewrite it and its come with dbo.table name etc. Now when i did everything and try to distribute the adp file to our users many of its function not working because those user are not dbo or not have db owner access. I am at the end of the project but just realize that i may have lot of more problem. could any own let me know how i can solve this really big problem right now for me. running out of time.

Please help.

Thanks
Indra.

If the tables, SP's, views, etc.. are prefixed with dbo. in the app then the clients do not need to be database owners. Have you prefixed all the objected that are used in vba, Forms, reports, etc... If so, I don't understand the question.

dbo.yourtable
dbo.yourSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back