Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with databinding data access page on winXP pro, IIS 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

My problem seems to be one that many have faced but I have not found a resolution anywhere on the internet. I have a DAP created from a Pivot Chart, I go to run it and it sits 'databinding' for about 1 hour then I get an 'Unexpected Error (0x8007400e8)'.

We are running IE 6.02800 XPSP2
I am using MS Access 2003 and it is living on a XP Professional box with IIS 5.1 installed.
This is on an INTRANET
My table contains linked tables from an external source, if that matters.

I have tried the following:
- both the MSDN articles for deploying dap on Internet and Intranet.
- unchecking the 'download web components option' under tools >> web options in the Access DB, since that seemed to have helped someone else, but it did nothing.
- UseRemoteProvider is set to True

Hello,

I too had a lot of trouble with a DAP application that I created. But I finally got it to work. First of all, DO NOT set Remote Provider to True. This only causes more problems. Secondly, you said that the app is on an Intranet, so did you add it to the Trusted Sites list in IE? Also, in IE you need to enable the "Initialize and script Active X components not marked as safe" option. Let's see what else did I do? I made the folder that the db lived in a shared folder with permissions set for each user. Also, YOU MUST install MS Web Components. You can download this from the microsoft site. You also need to be sure that you're specifying a UNC path, not an absolute path. An example of this would be \\webserver\foldername$\dbname.mdb. I hope this helps.

Iashia

Thanks for responding. I'd like to clarify some thigns.

When you say to install MS Web Components are you talking about the users installing it or installing it at the server level?

When you set the permissions for the folder the db was living in you say permissions must be set for each user. So that means I have to add each user individually? Can I just give the 'Everyone' group access to the folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back