Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with database field

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittoalexis

Programmer
Dec 16, 2001
IN
Hi,

I had a problem yaar. Its with database field. I had two tables namesly Personal_Information and Hospital_information. These two tables are not related to
each other. First i designed the report with Personal_information and got all the details. THen i decided to put headline, the hospital name from the later table. I added , but the field is not displayed. I did several steps , but i didnt get the record ie the hospital name in the report header. Y? Help in this regard.

Brits.

When you say the two tables aren't related to each other, how are you able to link them accurately in the link expert so that you can legitimately place a field from the hospital table on a personal report?

Are you linking through other tables, or using a subreport at all?

Naith

hi Naith,

I am not linking the two tables. I just want to show the records from the two tables separately.How?
Thanks for u r reply.

You will need to link the two tables somehow, that is why the information is not showing up - there is no link. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

If you can't find a way to link the tables, you could insert a small subreport in the report header. Base the subreport on the Hopspital_Info table and format it to print only the Hospital Name. If you need to print the Hospital Name in a Page Header (more than once), use a shared string variable, set by the subreport, and displayed in the main report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back