Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with custom menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsitz

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
US
I'm having a problem with a custom menu I've created.

I'm using Access 2000 and I'm trying to let users bring up the Linked Table Manager via a button on a form. I wasn't able to find any command in VBA or in a macro that could bring the Linked Table Manager up directly, so I created a custom menu that has the Linked Table Manager as a selection on it. The hot key for it is "L". Then I created a sendkeys macro that sends the alt-L keystroke to open the linked table manager.

My problem is that alt-L will not open the linked table manager while my form is open in Form View. I click on alt-L and just get a beep. If I have the form open in Design View then alt-L works fine to bring up the Linked Table Manager.

My form has the custom menu set as its menu in properties. The form's Modal property is set to false, although I've tried it as true and of course that doesn't work either.

Does anybody have any suggestions about what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Herb

I am not sure why your macro does not work, but you might want to try adding an OnClick event that references the menu item itself (using DoCmd.DoMenuItem), rather than sending the hotkey.

moseph -- I'd love to do that. From a quick look, though, I couldn't figure out how to get at the 'Linked Table Manager' item via DoMenuItem. I'll take another look, but any help at that would be appreciated, also.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I got it working. I created a new form and it didn't have the same problem. So I just made the new form just like the old form, deleted the old form, and renamed the new form to have the name of the old form. All's fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back