Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with creative sound card & disabling floppy drive from CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushtosri

Programmer
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hello friend,

Just recently I reinstalled windows 98 se on my system and in the meanwhile i lost all my sound drivers for my creative sound card. My sound card details are as follows:
PCI Sound Card
Model: Ensoniq ES1371 Audio PCI-97
finally i downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's site and installed it. Now my system gives an error message saying 'The Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI driver cannot load MIDI waveset. MIDI playback has been disabled'. Can anyone find a solution to this problem??

And also i want to know how we can disable floppy drive from the CMOS setup..
Thanks in advance!!

With regards,
Shri.

Dont disable floppy,unless you dont want to have access to it. Just change the boot menu in the BIOS to boot from the hard drive first and the cd-rom second. or set it to boot just from the hard drive. Most BIOS will let you set three options for booting.The usual scenario is either CD-rom or floppy first and hard drive second, then the last is the one you did not pick from the first menu.Change the boot order the way you want with hard drive first boot device and which ever you want for second and third.

thankx shovel for ur reply but i want to disable my floppy drive just coz many of my friends insert their virus infected floppy into my drive. I just want to put them off by disabling my floppy drive.

awaiting for ur replies...
thankx once again!!
shri

This may produce an error message on bootup with some BIOSs... Go into the STANDARD CMOS SETUP screen and cycle through the options for the A: Drive floppy disk (360Kb, 1.2Mb, 1.44Mb, etc.) until you reach DISABLED. Save settings and exit.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

I am having the same problems with my soundcard...anyone have any ideas?

I didnt get proper solotion so I installed Win. ME now. Win. ME has its own generic drivers so I need not go around searching the net for device drivers for my system peripherals.

rushtosri,
To disable your floppy drive, go into bios and set
floppy disk controller to disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back