Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with creating new company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I just did a fresh install of dynamics with the pervasive backend and whenever I try to create a new company it says that my password file is missing. I assume I must have screwed up the install, but does anyone know where I can get the documentation for the correct settings to setup the backend? I have contacted our vendor and they have been charging us an arm and a leg for any type of support, and also have told me that the docs I need are only available to partners of MS.

Any direction will help...

This file cannot be recreated. You must either delete the Dynamics directory and reinstall Dynamics to get the system password file back or restore it from a backup. This file is the SY02400.* file(s) and will be located in the DYNAMICS\SYSTEM directory. 2. If you don't have a backup and have already entered data in Dynamics, you can install Dynamics to a separate workstation or directory and then launch Dynamics Utilities. When asked for the system password, the SY02400.* files will be created at that time. Then you can just copy the file into your first DYNAMICS\SYSTEM directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back