Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with configure user access on an Intranet in Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanone

Technical User
Oct 15, 2001
US
Hello,
I am trying to configure user access permission to one particular link on company Intranet. This link allows only authorized users to log in to download all sentitive data and files. Company Intranet run on Windows 2000 server and IIS 5.0 I created 2 user accounts to test(with Power User right to these accounts) and assigned Modify, Read &Execute, and Read permission to a secure file that they need to have access to. When I launched the Intranet and tested, I clicked on that secure link, it did prompt an authentication page, I keyed in user name and password, and it started to download a file, then it prompted for an authentication page again, I keyed in username and password again, then it finished downloading. The content of the file then appeared on the screen. Does anybody know why I need to key in username and password 2 times? Another thing is I assign "User" right to these two accounts at first, but I could not download a file (access denied appeared on the screen) even I keyed correct password and username. After I assigned Power User right, then I worked. Last question, does anybody knows how to set Idle time when user doesn't have any action within time limit and page will be expired? I set idle time from user properties on the server, but it seems doesn't work. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back